CONTROL OF INVOICES FOR ENERGY CARRIERS
Verification of the correct application of the charges on consumption scales for natural gas.
DS Smith Packaging is a leading packaging company in Europe: specializing in customizable packaging according to customer specifications, it stands out for its cutting-edge design skills and a widespread presence that allows it to be always close to customers. DS Smith meets all market needs with a comprehensive product range: transport packaging, consumer packaging, display and promotional packaging, custom protective packaging and industrial packaging.
LocationVimercate (MB) – Italy
In January at the Vigasio plant, due to malfunctioning of the natural gas meter, the supplier has issued an invoice considering an estimate of the consumption of the plant for this monthly period. The supplier issued the invoice of February which contained, in addition to the February consumption, the balance of natural gas consumption actually taken from the plant in January. Although the total consumption for both months was correct, the total amount to be paid was higher than what we have estimated.
The activity of invoices control is part of the Energy Market solutions proposed by Alens. We achieved these results:
- Analysis of energy requirements and verification of the correctness of invoices
- Prevision of energy costs, forecast and budget
- Reports on the trend of energy costs and related costs, trends in national and international energy markets with market benchmark analysis
- Management and assistance on administrative and fiscal practices related to energy supplies and opportunities related to incentive mechanisms such as interruptibility, interconnectors, virtual storage, climate emergency, qualification of energy-intensive and similar projects
- Consultancy on the management of financial hedging and portfolio management. Coverage of the function of energy manager ex art. 19 Law 10/91 and communication to FIRE.
The wrong amount was reported to DS Smith and in agreement with them we reported the matter to the supplier who, after a first verification, claimed his version: the invoices were correct. Again in agreement with the customer, we have demanded a second formal verification of the amounts, specifying to the supplier where the problem of their invoice resided, that is in the erroneous application of the scales of consumption of the rates of local distribution. After our verification, the supplier has issued a balance in favour of DS Smith equal to approximately € 3,600 on a total invoice (January and February) of approximately € 85,000 €.
Download our case study of a strategic sustainability plan for Carbon Reduction
The Sustainability Plan represents your strategic vision for sustainability. We have created this operational document, based on a real-life case study: a real company executive summary that defines the strategic vision for sustainability.